Another interesting quote from the article mentions that 3 out of 5 women would prefer advice from Bob Villa, than from Dr. Phil! 🙂
I would like to go on record as saying I am not sexist! 🙂 The following list of 12 items is mentioned as “common tools to aid women in fix-it projects.” In my opinion, they are just handy things to have around any home!
1. Hammer – 16-ounce claw hammer
2. Screwdrivers – 1/4 & 1/2 inch flat head and No. 1 and No. 2 Phillips heads.
3. Pliers – Vice grips, needle nose, slip joint and standard pliers.
4. Handsaw – (power tools are more fun)
5. Tape measure –
6. Volt meter – (warning.. electricity can bite!)
7. Pipe wrench – (can also be used as protection from bad guys)
8. Cordless Drill – (my wife is dangerous with these)
9. Circular saw – (warning.. this can cut you!)
10. Jigsaw – (see above warning)
11. Dremel tool – (versatile and kind of fun to use.)
12. Stud finder – I’ll refrain from my comments on this one. 🙂
Everyone should keep their home in good repair. Routine maintenance items can turn in to large and costly projects. Stay tuned for more maintenance and home repair articles in the future. As always, feel free to contact Nick for any help/advice.